moving and scaling an image

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 12:53:00 EST 2012

On 9 Feb 2012, at 2:57 pm, Ken Corey wrote:

> From: Ken Corey <ken at kencorey.com>
> Date: 9 February 2012 10:54:06 am GMT
> To: use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Subject: Re: moving and scaling an image
>

> On 09/02/2012 08:40, David Glasgow wrote:
>> I am trying to get an image to slide from the middle of the screen either to the top or the bottom.  However, the screen has a perspective, as if you were looking down a bowling alley, with a vanishing point somewhere above the screen.
>>
>> To maintain the sense of depth, images 'pushed away' should shrink into the distance, and ones 'pulled' closer should embiggen.  Any suggestions how this could best be achieved?
>>
>> The eventual destination of this may well be iPad, so any special considerations there would be welcome.
>
> Oh go on, just say it: you want a 3D environment.
>
> I've read interesting things about Franklin3d.com, but that doesn't seem to work on an iPad.
>
> If you don't care about true 3D, you might be able to get away with cheating with a 2D solution and a little extra effort to make things "appear" 3D, but not /really/ be 3D.
>
> You could calculate the math for this yourself, but there's always AnimationEngine for moving stuff around.
>
> -Ken

No! Honest injun! I don't want a 3d environment!  I just want to give the most basic impression of pulling towards and pushing away of images.  The maths isn't the problem, its the moving and scaling at the same time.

I took a quick look at AnimationEngine, which clearly does lots of fantastic things I don't need.  However, I would get it if it was the only way to solve this problem.  I couldn't see any commands that obviously related to scaling on the move though - can anyone say definitively?

David G