moving and scaling an image

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Thu Feb 9 05:54:06 EST 2012

On 09/02/2012 08:40, David Glasgow wrote:
> I am trying to get an image to slide from the middle of the screen either to the top or the bottom.  However, the screen has a perspective, as if you were looking down a bowling alley, with a vanishing point somewhere above the screen.
>
> To maintain the sense of depth, images 'pushed away' should shrink into the distance, and ones 'pulled' closer should embiggen.  Any suggestions how this could best be achieved?
>
> The eventual destination of this may well be iPad, so any special considerations there would be welcome.

Oh go on, just say it: you want a 3D environment.

I've read interesting things about Franklin3d.com, but that doesn't seem
to work on an iPad.

If you don't care about true 3D, you might be able to get away with
cheating with a 2D solution and a little extra effort to make things
"appear" 3D, but not /really/ be 3D.

You could calculate the math for this yourself, but there's always
AnimationEngine for moving stuff around.

-Ken