QR Code & mobile devices & the desktop

John Craig john at splash21.com
Thu Feb 9 05:06:42 EST 2012

In the mean time, there is still the possibility of using just about any
QR scanner.  Most (if not all) scanner apps will automatically open a
URL when scanned.
Consider the following URL's as QR codes;

1/ http://192.168.0.100:10310/?L=B,5
2/ http://192.168.0.100:10310/?A=Add
3/ http://192.168.0.100:10310/?I=X400

If the server app listening for incoming requests received the following
messages, it could perform specific actions...

1/ Set the location to warehouse B, rack 5 (Scanned from the front of
the rack by the operator)
2/ Add stock to the current location (Scanned from the operator's
instruction sheet or the rack.  The server app now knows the next code
scanned should be a stock code)
3/ Stock item X400 (The item to be added - the server could display a
form asking for quantity which just posts to itself with Q=50, etc...)

It could be organized so that when an order is received, it already has
a qr code with the stock code and quantity attached ( I=X400,Q=50 ), so
you could scan that code and skip steps 2-3.

Just some thoughts...