Android stats

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Tue Feb 7 13:14:24 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 2/7/12 11:22 AM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:
>
>> On 07/02/2012 05:14, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>
>>> Very true, and I don't see much hope for improvement. On the other
>>> hand, it's
>>> pretty much expected you'll jailbreak an Android tablet so people
>>> update that
>>> way.
>>>

>> Jacque,
>>
>> Do you have any stats for that, or is it anecdotal/instinct?
>>

> Just anecdotal, and probably because I read so many geek sites. My
> viewpoint is undoubtedly skewed. I just did a quick google search and
> couldn't find any real numbers on it (but I didn't look too hard.)
>

> --

Same here, plus I work with geeks, so rooting was inevitable.  So I too
have a skewed perspective.  I see three kinds of technology owners.
1-Geeks, who will root their coffee-maker.  2- Grasshoppers, geeks in
training, who root with the help of a geek friend.  3 - Apple product
owners (kidding).  Obviously, the majority of the Apple crowd 'do prefer'
to be protected by the safety blanket provided by the mother ship.  Those
who do jailbreak/root, simply have found the defaults to be confining, and
they want to learn how to make it do more.  There is no single product to
satisfy everyone, but every product can be modded to fit the needs of its
owner, one way or another.

~Roger