Android stats

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 7 13:08:14 EST 2012

Bob Sneidar wrote:
 > The whole issue highlights the Achilles Heel of Linux (read Open
 > Source) operating systems. NOT SAYING that OS systems are BAD,
 > just that there are tradeoffs to letting anyone do anything with
 > an OS.

Some of us like being able to tailor our OS to our tastes and needs.

If having the system we want means that developers need to roll up their
sleeves and work for a living, so be it.

This developer finds the prospect exciting, making systems for how
people want to work rather than telling people how to work to fit my system.

PS: Ever heard of BSD?  It's the open source kernel that made NeXT/OS X
possible.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World