Windows Admin vs Standard Users - App startup times

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Tue Feb 7 07:08:36 EST 2012

There was a thread a few days ago about the differences between the Windows Admin and Standard users.

This may be related,  but can anyone explain (or replicate) why,  when a Livecode app is compiled with the UAC Execution Level set to either default, or same as invoker and on a Windows 7 pc,  when the app is started as an admin user it starts immediately,  but when started in a standard user account it takes 12 seconds before it loads?

Once up and running performance is identical.

Id really like to get the start time down for standard users,  Ive seen this on two pcs now (I mainly use macs so wasnt aware of the issue),  on is a Windows 7 machine,  the other Windows XP.  Both virgin machines,  restored from their recovery cds first to make sure they were as clean as a windows pc gets from the manufacturer.

The app is a simple hello world card,  one stack, one card, one button.

Any ideas as to what this could be,  and if there is any way to fix it.  I dont see to many options apart from the UAC which ive tried all ways.

Thanks

Andy