QR Code & mobile devices & the desktop

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Feb 7 06:30:38 EST 2012

Hi Nicholas,

The easiest way is to write your own little html server in LiveCode and have your mobile LiveCode app connect to that web server. You'll have to use the http protocol on the server side.

A slightly more difficult way is to compile the rresockets external and use it to connect to a server written in LiveCode. The difference is the protocol, which doesn't need to be http.

You can make connections to both types of servers over your local WIFI network.

In both cases, you need LiveCode and a bunch of scripts. For the second option you need to be able to compile externals or ask someone to do this for you.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com