Android stats

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Feb 6 18:18:39 EST 2012

Unfortunately, here in Brazil there are a lot of Android 2.1 devices.
They are still popular because they are extremely cheap.

Brazilian cheap is not the same as U.S. or Europe cheap. For example
the iPhone 4 here costs 1000 USD with a contract, I don't want to
think what it would cost without a contract. So, by making Android 2.1
device available for USD 200, the carriers make sure they reach what
we call class C and D, class A is rich, class B is middle.

Remember that Brazil has the most wide spread usage of mobile phones
in the whole world. Homeless people here living on the slums have cell
phones. iPhones sell like hot cakes and they are more expensive than
laptops. Android is more popular than iPhones, mostly because there
are cheap Android availables.

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.