Problem with Latin 1 (I think)

Geoff Canyon Rev gcanyon+rev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 11:21:50 EST 2012

Okay, so I'm at a loss. This worked, but...why?

I first have to *encode* it, then *decode* it? If it's already UTF8, why am
I encoding it as UTF8? is it that some of it is encoded, and the encoding
function is encoding the rest, but knows not to encode the characters that
are already encoded? If that's the case, why isn't the decode function
smart enough to only decode the characters that need it? Or am I completely
misunderstanding?

thanks for the solution in any case.

gc