Windows - Storing data for all users

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Mon Feb 6 10:58:03 EST 2012

Thanks Tiemo,

must be some security paranoia in the government environment then. I can write to the users folder (26), however (35) requires admin rights on the machines. I was actually blaming this on Win 7, however, it might well be that rights have been changed from the default settings to restrict this to admins only. *sigh* Well, that leaves me to check the result after the write operation and prompt that they need admin rights to store the preferences, which is not much of a problem, as the admin should make these settings anyway. Does anyone happen to know if we can ask for admin permissions on Windows from within the liveCode app though? (Not permanently, but for a set of operations only).

Thanks again,

Malte