Find string "xxx" in field yyy OF THIS CARD

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 2 08:50:26 EST 2012

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

I have been having problems with the "find" command.
In a stack with multiple cards, I want to find specific
strings on a card of my choice (the card currently displayed),
and NO other.

If I code "find string xxx in fld yyy of this card" ..

doesn't work.

If I look in the dictionary for the "find" command, I find no
information concerning a search on a specific card.
However, a user comment (from Craig) shows that we can use :

find yourtext in field yourfield of card cardOfInterest

by which I understand that you can define a specific
card by its number.  This does not work either.

Has anybody had problems like this, or have I reached
my first LiveCode "bug" ?

Is there any way of restricting a "find string" to a
specific card. I'm on LiveCode Build 1080 Version 4.5.0

-Francis

After nearly 50 years of dedicated computing, I still
find that Windows is a pane ......    :>)