How does a command find out who called it?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 1 16:59:53 EST 2012

On 2/1/12 3:28 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> Really? Does it matter how long it takes the handler to complete
> execution? That is, if the rest of the handler after the "send" takes
> 10 seconds to execute, will LC wait all 10 seconds to get to the end
> of the handler before it sends the message?

It would wait the whole 10 seconds and then execute when the handler
finished. I use "send in 0" sometimes when I want the calling handler
out of the way before I start another process. For example, I used it
when triggering a series of file downloads so that the mouseup that
started the whole thing won't hang the interface while the downloads got
set up.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com