LiveCode to the rescue (once again)

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Wed Feb 1 11:54:24 EST 2012

Had a call from a doctor who recently switched medical billers. Seems her new biller used software that did not display all of the fields in the caret-delimited text files ("iPlexus") that were sent as batched bills. It took just a few hours (and would have taken some on the list here far less time) to whip up a one-trick-pony application to pull the bills that contained data in those missing fields, format and display, and enable printing of the data.

Since I hadn't used LiveCode in a while, I initially made the mistake that I'm sure I've made before: confusing the data to be incremented with the counters that control the looping. Fortunately, the LC editor let me know immediately by indicating that the types on each side of the operand did not match (can't add a number to a variable holding a string!).

Anyway, it's another instance of LC being used to quickly provide a solution.

-KK