Squeezed Grapes

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 09:52:19 EST 2012

On 02/01/2012 04:40 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Richmond,
>
> I don't agree on this with you. AFAIK RunRev nowhere says that their software works with WINE and WINE says that only specific software is compatible.

I'm sorry, I got my wires crossed: I thought your response to my fooling
around with WINE referred to my fooling around with revWeb.

I am well aware that Livecode "goes all funny" with WINE (although with
WINE 1.3, apart from WINE's lack of proper PNG implementation,
Livecode was working); and my posting was NOT intended as a criticism of
RunRev (while my posting about revWeb WAS a criticism).

What my posting re WINE was was 2-fold:

1. A general observation about compatibility between WINE 1.4 rc-1 and
Livecode.

2. A supposition as to whether Windows standalones generated from
Livecode would run under WINE 1.4 rc-1.

So; to restate:

The statement on RunRev's website that a Linux revWeb plugin is on its
way is probably a porky.
And RunRev had better sort that out, one way or another.

Livecode does not do very much under WINE 1.4 rc-1.

Now can we "kiss and make up"?