database write error

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 05:33:57 EST 2012

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the problem here.  I am a great fan of
the concept of merge.  And it is certainly possible to use merge() to
produce the list of fields with each field value enclosed by either
single or double quotes.  It just requires a litte indirection.

(I've put some arbitrary values into the first 2 variables in your list).

on mouseUp
   put "globaldate tmaternalname tmaternalphin tmaternalphin
tmaternalmhsc tmaternaldob" & \
         "tmaternalage tmaternalpc tmaternaled tmaternalocc
tmaternalage tsite tmaternalchart" & \
         "tcareprovider1 tcareprovider2 tcareprovider3 tnote" into tColumnWords

   put "women's" into globaldate
   put "and she said" && quote & "Hi!" & quote into tmaternalname

   repeat for each word tCol in tColumnWords
      --put  "[[quote &" & tCol & " & quote]]," after tColItems
      put  "[[' &" & tCol & " & ']]," after tColItems
   end repeat
   delete char -1 of tColItems
   put "Values(" & tColItems & ")" into tStatement
   put merge(tStatement)
end mouseUp

I hope that helps.

Bernard