Help with Regex (was Re: Switch, Case and wild-cards?)

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at me.com
Mon Dec 31 13:04:47 EST 2012

Depends on the language. I tried making a Foxpro to Livecode parser once. I encountered situations where there was no good way to accomplish the translation. Also there are commands and functions in each language that have no equivalent in the other, and only another custom or function could accomplish the task. I gave up on it as either impossible, or else impractical. SQL is something that is quite parseable in simpler forms. Parsing complex joins would require a genius far beyond my paltry skills. If you have a good SQL parser that might be something you could make into a plugin.

Bob