copying embedded pdfs

Jean Rioux jrioux at benedictine.edu
Fri Dec 28 11:33:23 EST 2012

I am designing a desktop app for Mac and Windows.

I have set up a revBrowser object which loads a pdf for viewing. I would like to allow users to select and submit a portion of the contents as an answer to prompts which are provided to them. Apparently, revBrowserGet "selected" does not work for pdfs, so I've been looking for a workaround. sturgis (on the LiveCode Forum) supplied me with an applescript workaround for the Mac (it copies the selected contents of the pdf to the clipboard, at which point I can access it via code), but I haven't been able to do the same for Windows.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jean