Learning LiveCode

Nigel Soden nigels at amglighthouse.co.za
Thu Dec 27 14:07:41 EST 2012

To all the those that have participated on this thread, I say thank you. Some comments brought a smile to my face and others left me wondering if WW3 was on its way. :) I'm  somewhat happily surprised by the entries that I find myself among the order of the "Gentleman" even in some of the contents in the replies showed some national pride. Which frankly I find refreshing in this age, and some porridge stirring. All of which would be marvellous to behold while enjoying a pint in a traditional pub alongside the canal than in these Sport TV infested excuses of human gathering.

Craig, you're quit correct. My mind flows in the direction of this cursed OOP philosophy and have to remind myself to re-wire the grey cells. No. I had never heard of HyperCard or any of the variants . It was only when I got LiveCode did I find out the history of the product. The 'beauty' that attracted me to LiveCode was the concept used to developing application using "messages" via a route and the Card concept which made sense, but that's were I trip up mixing the two technologies together while thinking through a problem. The fact also the syntax is something I've not seen before and I have to think in terms of a speaking language rather than the 'Enigma" style been propagated today.

more to follow....