DNS-SD with mergeBonjour and rresocket?

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Fri Dec 21 17:39:57 EST 2012

Closer…

So, yea I meant what you said about the desktop app and accepting connections…

I'm doing this on the desktop teacher app to start the socket:

on mouseUp
  accept connections on port 5600 with message "someoneConnected"
end mouseUp

on someoneConnected theIP
  read from socket theIP until return with message "newMessage"
end someoneConnected

on newMessage theIp theMessage
  put theIP & ":" && theMessage & return after field "text"
  read from socket theIP until return with message "newMessage"
end newMessage

On the client iOS app the mergeBonjour is working fine, but I don't have the rresocket script down. Here's what I've tried: (two buttons)

First button,

on mouseUp
   rreSocketOpen "10.58.0.56:5600"
   put the result into fld "result"
end mouseUp

(and assorted variations of that…)

Second button,

on mouseUp
   rreSocketWrite field "message" & return, "10.58.0.56:5600"
   put the result into fld "result"
end mouseUp

(and also assorted variations of that…)

Am I close?