Find vs. Offset

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Dec 19 20:59:42 EST 2012

Good suggestion Mark.  I'll jump in here.

When you call revOpenDatabase, specify the path name as ":memory:".  That
creates a database in memory instead of on disk which will disappear when
you close your application.  It does mean you'll have to create the
tables/columns each time you open the database but I think the only table
you would need would be the full text search table, no need to have
anything else in there.  You'd have to load the table too of course but
unless you have multi millions of rows, that would be very quick.

If you want to explore this further, I'd be happy to help with how to
create a full text search table and how to search it and interpret the
results.  The speed of retrieval with those things is pretty phenomenal and
the amount of code to get a,list of occurrences of a particular phrase is
limited to one SELECT statement.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>