Problem with setting Password with LC 5.5.3

Charles Szasz cszasz at me.com
Mon Dec 10 13:28:36 EST 2012

I have a project that has a launcher stack and an app stack. I use the following script in the message box to set the passKey as per documentation:

set the passkey of this stack "abcd"

This is followed by saving the stack and then closing the stack and removing it memory. I also tried quitting LC to make sure it was removed from memory.

The password works for the appStack when I open the appStack and try to edit a script in the IDE. However, when I open the launcher stack, which then automatically launches the appStack, I can edit the appStack without entering the passkey. The launcher stack has the passKey so it can launched the appStack. But on Rev 4.0, I always had to enter the password before I was allowed to edit a script after the launcher stack launched the appStack to work on the appStack.

What am I doing wrong? I have tried quitting LC after saving my appStack with a password to make sure the appStack was removed from memory after saving the passkey. I am using the Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com