Algorithm time...

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 17:39:11 EST 2012

I removed my code that gives the actual item 1 value... setting it back to
your original code.

Then I removed your line "put 0 into tLineNumber".

The results only gave a couple of data points and not the actual value of
item 1.

===========

*on* mouseUp

   *put* fld mydata into plines

   *put* the number of lines in pLines div 1000 into tGroupSize

   *set* the itemDelimiter to tab

   *repeat* for each line tLine in pLines

      *add* 1 to tLineNumber

      *put* item 2 of tLine into tValue

      *if* tIndex[ tValue ] is empty *then*

         *put* tLineNumber into tIndex[ tValue ]

      *end* *if*

      *if* tLineNumber is tGroupSize *then*

         *put* the keys of tIndex into tValues

         *replace* cr with comma in tValues

         *put* min( tValues ) into tMin

         *put* max( tValues ) into tMax

         *if* tIndex[ tMin ] < tIndex[ tMax ] *then*

            *put* tIndex[ tMin ]  & tab & tMin & cr after tResult

            *put* tIndex[ tMax ]  & tab & tMax & cr after tResult

         *else*

            *put* tIndex[ tMax ] & tab & tMax & cr after tResult

            *put* tIndex[ tMin ] & tab & tMin & cr after tResult

         *end* *if*

         *put* empty into tIndex

         *--put 0 into tLineNumber*

      *end* *if*