Send appleevent to livecode doesnt work ?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Dec 8 15:40:21 EST 2012

On 12/8/12 1:31 AM, Serge Brami wrote:
> I want to send an Applevent  to another livecode app running  on an other Mac on a local network.
>
> for example
>
> on the Mac 1  a button  with the script :
> "on mouseup
>      send "hello" to "Mac2:livecode"
> end mouseup"
>

> on the Mac 2
>
> "on appleevent type
>      if type is "aevt" then
>        put "hello"
>      end if
> pass applevent
> end applevent
>

> Well it works BUT only il on mac2 I switch from livecode to another
> app and then switch back to livecode

I haven't used appleEvents for years, but the way I'd debug this would
be to change the receiving handler to show the parameters and see what
you get:

on appleevent
  repeat with x = 1 to the paramcount
    put x && "=" && param(x)
  end repeat
end appleevent

That may show you what is being sent and give you an idea of what's
wrong. The type may not always be "aevt".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com