Looking for tips on memory mgt in standalones

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Dec 6 15:38:29 EST 2012

Hi Tom,
Closing a stack still leaves it in memory as you found.  The delete stack
command will remove it from memory as long as the stack you name is a main
stack; for substacks, it literally deletes the substack.

And yes, you'll have the issue with your prefs substack.  I have taken to
storing my prefs in a flat file in different locations depending on
platform.

OSX: specialFolderPath("Home")/Library/Application
Support/<appname>/<prefsfilename>

Windows: specialFolderPath(26)/<appname>/<prefsfilename>

Linux: specialFolderPath("Home")/<appname>/<prefsfilename>

If you have several products, you can optionally include a <companyname>
folder before the <appname> folder.
Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>