Microsoft Database Structure

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at me.com
Tue Dec 4 21:57:42 EST 2012

Anyone have any experience in importing a Microsoft Works Database (WDB) file? My father has a number of these files, and wants to try to move to a Macintosh workstation, but his ball and chain is a number of works databases that apparently there is no OS X application that will open/convert in a way he can work with.

I could write him a simple application that can read any works db I give it and convert it to an LC sqLite format, if I knew how to parse a WDB file at low level. I can look at the low level data myself, but if someone has done the work already, I would be willing to send a bit-o-cash his way.

Bob