Weird array comparison limitation

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Dec 1 17:21:46 EST 2012

On 01/12/2012 20:09, Robert Sneidar wrote:
> Can't you use not (aArray1 = aArray2)?
>
> Bob

Yes, you can *if* you know you need to do that :-)

I refuse to say how many hours I spent debugging to get to the point
where I knew this was the problem. You suspect the likely things first
(i.e. that I had made an error somewhere) and the unlikely things last
(i.e. that a straightforward conditional test that is accepted and
should work would fail).

And there is no reason why it needs to fail, and intuitively it ought to
work - so it's a reasonable request to make. I'll enter it into QCC some
day soon ....

Thanks
-- Alex.