Close Box and Stand Alone Apps in LiveCode

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Aug 31 12:37:04 EDT 2012

To be fair, some Mac apps do too. For some apps, it just makes sense. For some it does not. What always got me about the Windows way was the fact that many apps open as a window within which other windows open. So if you want to close the inner window when it is maximized, you have to be careful which X you click because you might actually quit the whole app!

The idea of a window within a window I have always thought was an odd thing with no real correlation to a real world analog, especially when closing all the inner windows exposes a grey "wall" through which nothing can be seen. How is that a window?

Bob