Pasting to a field from Internet Explorer 8

dfepstein at comcast.net dfepstein at comcast.net
Wed Aug 29 13:53:32 EDT 2012

I have for a long time pasted text copied from other programs to a field by using a script like
"set the htmlText of [destination chunk] to clipboardData["html"]
After a recent upgrade to Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 this does not work for text copied from Internet Explorer; pasting yields a few commas or dashes instead.  If I first paste that text to Notepad, then select and copy it again, my script pastes correctly.  [this is in Rev Media 2.9]
Does anyone have the same problem or a remedy?

Many thanks.

David Epstein