Using Stacks With LiveCode Server

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 28 16:54:17 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I've got LiveCode server up and running on my Mac (OS X Mountain Lion).  I'd like to be able to store a bunch of handlers in the stack script of a library stack, but I am not sure where to place the stack and how to refer to it from within web pages.

Suppose I have a simple test page named LiveCodeServerTest.lc that is in my Sites folder.  The HTML code in it is below.  Notice that in the code, I have a line that refers to a stack called ServerLibrary.livecode.  The next line calls a handler named serverTest, which resides in the stack script of the stack.  When I load the page, I get the following error:

file "/Users/gregory/Sites/livecodeservertest.lc"
  row 15, col 1: start: can't find object

I have tried different paths with no luck.  What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Gregory

The test page:

<head>
     <title>My LiveCode Server Test Page</title>
</head>

     <h1>My LiveCode Server Test Page</h1>

<?lc
     put "<p>Hello World! from LiveCode Server</p>"
     put "<p>The date is" && the long date && the long time & "</p>"

start using "ServerLibrary.livecode"

serverTest

?>