Security of LiveCode compiled files

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 27 17:42:25 EDT 2012

Skip Kimpel wrote:
> How good is the security of a compiled LC stack?  Is it easily
> de-compiled or deconstructed?  I am just trying to make sure of the
> security of internal data that I contain within the files that I
> distribute to the public.

If the data is critical, code is probably not the place to put it
(consider the implications of runtime compilation and memory dumps).

Better to use revEncrypt with Blowfish or one of the other strong
options if you need secure data (and even then see note above about
memory dumps).

Security is a tricky business....

--
  Richard Gaskin