LibURL vs. cURL

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Aug 22 19:31:00 EDT 2012

On 22/08/2012, at 9:34 AM, Chip Thomas wrote:

> *Would anyone here venture an opinion whether libURL or cURL has advantages
> over the other in terms of downloading via HTTP?
>
> Is one more reliable? More robust? More better?*

I think it would be a no brainer that curl would be more robust considering the number of users to test it etc compared to libURL. Recently when working on mergTestApp I was getting a timeout with libURL and curl was going through fine. I didn't have time to debug the issue for such a simple little plugin so I just ran with curl. That's for upload though.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services