New Pricing

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Aug 21 19:34:52 EDT 2012

On 22/08/2012, at 8:35 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:

> Yes, personal licensing has changed for new customers. However nothing has
> changed for existing customers, you can still buy upgrades in the same way
> to those licenses at the same price point.

I think the changes are good for everyone in general. I presume the personal licensing was either costing commercial sales or support costs weren't covered by the price. I was planning to use the personal license if the local community centre got the grant we are going for to teach some socially and economically disadvantaged young people how to write mobile apps. I wanted that license so they could install and work at home if they had a computer which the student license doesn't allow and also that they would have a copy if LC to play with after the course. What I will probably do now is go for the student license for he course and any of them that excel in it and have an idea they want to push on with we can look for funding to get them some form of commercial license (perhaps a PAYG that is funded depending on their progress). Anyway, I'm sure I can work something out if we get the grant and it could be better than what I had planned because the commercial license gives them a chance to publish a paid app.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services