The Owner of a background group

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Aug 21 11:50:08 EDT 2012

Hmmm now that I am thinking about it with a full cup of coffee surging through my veins, I seem to remember Jacque mentioning in the past that a background group really belongs to the stack as a whole from a certain point of view, although as Craig says, for the purposes of the message path it has to belong to some card, and may as well be the current card.

To demonstrate the idea that a background group really belongs to the stack, create a group on a card, then delete the card. Group goes away and cannot be placed. Now create a group on a card, and set the background behavior to true. Delete the card. Notice that the new group still exists to be placed even though it doesn't exist on ANY card anymore!

Groups belong to stacks, but cards are in the message path when the group is placed on them. I think this is the way to think about it.

Bob