changes to the run rev store

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 13:13:20 EDT 2012

On 08/20/2012 07:01 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Wait, you are saying that when the LC license expires you are no longer capable of developing with it?? Is that true?

Maybe I'm being a bit thick, BUT:

1. I sometimes use my Mac Dreamcard from some 9 years ago - in fact I
have had it while 3 Macs
have "blown and burnt", and everytime reinstalled it with my Dreamcard
License number....

2. Are RunRev now using a new licensing system (that I have missed)
where it mysteriously stops
    a version of LC working after a certain time?

I, for one, do NOT believe #2.

I have a feeling that someone or other has got a bit mixed up, confusing
the licence code for
a RR/LC distro (let's say 4.0) with a licence for further upgrades - the
2 are not the same.

I can go on using the versions of RR/LC I own [ 2.2.1 (linux), 2.6.1 (DC
Mac),
RevMedia (4 - all platforms), Studio (4 - all platforms) and so on]
forever. What I cannot do is upgrade any of them, having "disappeared
off RunRev's upgrade-screens" an awful long time ago.

If #2 IS true then I will start feeling very queasy indeed about ver
buying an LC upgrade.