HIG, right click issue

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Aug 19 19:32:02 EDT 2012

Hi Mark,
Well even after I got rid of my dog's code, there's still a problem albeit
different than the original.

Let's say I:

- click on line 4 of the scrolling list field
- command click on line 6 of the scrolling list field

Now lines 4 and 6 are hilited and the hilitedlines contain 4,6

Now I right-click on line 10.  Line 10 does not get hilited and the
hilitedlines still contains 4,6.  Is that what happens on your test?

So slightly different problem than originally stated but still the same
issue.  In order for users to get this to work, they have right click line
10 while holding down either the shift or command key, or select all three
lines first, then right click on any of them.

I guess that's OK, especially since the contextual menu items include the
count of items they'll be operating on, but I can see this causing some
confusion.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>