is anyone using postgresql hosting from on-rev?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 22:23:04 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:
> Any webhost worth the price of admission will lock down databases in
> this manner. Doing what Pierre said is relatively simple, you only
> have to do it once, and it's *much* more secure. Of course, I suppose
> it depends on how much you value your or your clients' data.

I'm skeptical of the added security--for that to be true, it means
that I have to be less likely than the postgresql folks, and the ssh
folks, to leave a hole in security.   I can't imagine these scripts
not being the weakest link in the ssh/script/postgresql chain.

What am I missing here?

Are there known-safe scripts about to use?

Gosh, I was hoping to avoid learning html db access again.  It's one
of the I-can't-remember-how-many I've learned for a purpose and then
forgotten (odd in itself, given my memory, that I can forget a
programming language, but after the first several, it all kinds of
runs together . . . :)

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.