Stack file file type

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Aug 15 22:11:00 EDT 2012

On 8/15/12 8:19 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> I've been using RSTK as the file type filter for opening LC stack files but
> some stack files are greyed out.  They are files created with older
> versions of LC (4.5.2).  Was another file type used in older versions?  I
> had a program (FileType) that used to give me this info but it no longer
> runs as of Lion.
>
> The code I'm using is:
>
> *answer* file "Select stackfile to open" with *filter* "RSTK" titled "Open
> Stack File"

That's always been the file type (except in MetaCard it was MSTK) but
the files may have lost their file types entirely. Lion doesn't use file
types.

You could try using "answer file with type" instead, which looks at both
file types and extensions (and works on Windows too.) It's got its own
entry in the dictionary.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com