revOpenDatabase - can't connect

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Aug 13 18:21:21 EDT 2012

Hi Dan,

Although it looks like you can access your database directly, you might want to check with the hosting company that this is meant to be possible.

Try creating a new database user in CPanel (if that's what you use) and make sure it has the right permissions.

Which version of Revolution/LiveCode do you use?

For a customer, I created a PHP library that lets you connect to the database from LiveCode directly. I could do the same for you if other options aren't going to work. Here http://qery.us/2gv is some more info.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Economy-x-Talk is looking for an amateur painter/cartoonist/poet etc. Contact me http://qery.us/du

The Economy-x-Talk office is closed from 30 August until 4 September 2012.