revOpenDatabase - can't connect

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Aug 13 18:04:42 EDT 2012

Greetings!

I am trying to connect to a mySQL database on a couple of remote websites.  I can connect to them via a php script run from the server so tDatabaseAddress is "localhost".  However, every attempt to connect via LiveCode (in the IDE) fails.  I have checked with the host that the address I am using is correct.

put revOpenDatabase("MySQL", tDatabaseAddress, tDatabaseName, tDatabaseUser, tDatabasePassword) into tResult

All params have been confirmed correct.  But, it still fails with this error:

Unable to connect to the database
Access denied for user 'xxxx'@'xx.xx.xxx.xxx' (using password: YES)

or

Unable to connect to the database
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'webXX.thehost.com' (60)

Any advice?

-Dan