The Story of Steve Jobs - An Inspiration or a Cautionary Tale

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Aug 13 15:30:56 EDT 2012

> On Aug 13, 2012, at 9:25 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:
> Read and save this article about Steve Jobs.
> I could assure you that his "management style"
> will find many followers in the short place and near future.
>
> We should expect disastrous results in more than one case...
>
> http://www.wired.com/business/2012/07/ff_stevejobs/all/

What's sad to me is that there are people who think you have to emulate his
behavior (bad with the good) to be successful or creative or innovative.
That's the worst sort of tribal, pre-sapiens thinking that belongs in Lord
of the Flies.

Then, consider what SJ got as his reward. He was brought down by one of many
diseases that doesn't respect financial success, creativity or innovation,
and in the end, he died just like everyone else. Except he was admired by
many who really didn't know him, and hated by many who were probably closer
to him than his own family. I don't think in the last hours of his life he
felt all that successful.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President