Word chunk includes punctuation

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 13 13:38:32 EDT 2012

Bob Sneidar wrote:

> Ahah! So concatenation is not a very high priority when evaluating statements. I learn something new every day! I can see though why it would be like that. I could also ask for:
>
> word 1 of "one two" & word 1 of "three four" and expect "one three".
>
> One more argument for grouping with parentheses even when it seems unnecessary.

Sometimes they're not necessary with compound expressions, but even then
they're almost always useful for readability.

I tend to use parens liberally for not only string concats but also for
multi-conditional expressions, e.g.:

if ( (word 1 of tMyVar = "Bob") AND (word 2 of tMyVar = "Sneidar") ) \
   OR (tMyVar = "Andre Garzia") then
    DoSomething
end if

--