Problem with textshift

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 12 15:07:46 EDT 2012

On 8/11/12 12:58 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Checked out the fixedlineheight and it is true.
>
> I've now run this on the same computer (OS X Snow Leopard) same stack, same
> data using 5.0.2 and 5.5.1 and the different behavior still persists.  If I
> step through the code in 5.5.1, I can see the image shift down when the
> line of code that sets the textshift executes.  Stepping through with
> 5.0.2, the image doesn't move when the same line is executed.  I've also
> had a tester report the same issue with and earlier version of LC (4.5)
>
> I guess some other property could be affecting the behavior but there's
> something different happening in 5.0 and 5.5.  The text is Verdana 10 with
> a line height of 18.  The images are 16x16.
>
> Any suggested areas of investigation most welcome, or even any alternative
> ways to do this.

I wonder if it's related to the field rewrite in 5.5. If the stack was
made in 5.5 and saved in legacy format, the field may not be exactly the
same as it would have been earlier. You might be able to test that by
opening it in an earlier version and doing a "save as", which would
rewrite the file in the earlier format.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com