Externals and COM objects

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Aug 10 11:50:11 EDT 2012

It has been years.

This might be due to the wrong mode for the thread you are on.  Look at how you use SetApartmentState() and CoInitializeEx().  Yikes!  I misspelled the first function and the spellchecker found it!

Thread problems can be fickle, so just because something seems to work once does not mean it is reliable.

There is probably a pun including these words:  External, Apartment, Thread, ...

Dar