What was that thing with Photoshop images?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 10 01:09:12 EDT 2012

On 8/9/12 11:39 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Replying to all.
>
> In general:
>
> Patient to Doctor: "Doctor -  it hurts when I do this"
> Doctor to Patient: "Well don't do that then."
>
> That's my feeling about objects with the same name.

There are some convenient uses for same-named objects. I use them on
purpose sometimes.

> Here's the situation that caused me to ask the question.  I had
> around 30 images I was using as button icons, some for the enabled state,
> some for the disabled state.  I found a much better looking set of images
> to use, imported them with new IDs.  Now I had to go through all my buttons
> and change their IDs to the new ones.  Not a huge deal but if I had been
> able to set the button icons to image names, I would have had to do nothing.

I wish I'd posted my "getpaint" handler sooner. I wrote it ten or twelve
years ago when I had about 200 icons to change. They were all in a
"resources" group, so I scripted a loop that selected each one,
calculated a file name, and did a "getpaint" on it. It was so convenient
that I altered the handler to ask me for a file name manually and I've
been using it ever since.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com