Versioning ( was ANN: GLX2 3.0.10)

Charles E Buchwald charles at buchwald.ca
Thu Aug 9 13:28:41 EDT 2012

Kay: It's been pointed out here before. (I'm sorry I don't remember by whom... was it you, Jacquie?) that you can use Dropbox in this way. Of course you need a net connection. If you keep your stacks in your Dropbox desktop folder, Dropbox will store 30 days worth of previous versions, or ALL past versions if you upgrade to their "Packrat" feature. Note that the versions don't count towards your storage total. It really keeps things simple. I started doing this after I read about it here, and it provides a lot of peace of mind. I haven't had to use it yet, but I have confirmed that past versions are easily accessible. Here's the help page on access: https://www.dropbox.com/help/11/en

--
Charles E. Buchwald
http://buchwald.ca