Creating a reusable object - Part 2

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Thu Aug 9 00:37:46 EDT 2012

J. Landman Gay wrote

> I'd insert a script into back. That will catch messages from anywhere
> and doesn't need to be attached to any card.

Thanks Jacky, I haven't played with back scripts so I'm not sure how I would
get that working (or how different it would be from just having a stack
script... but feel free to enlighten me... please!)

What does work (see previous post and comments from Timothy Bleiler) is to
1. create the object, 2. group it, 3. add the scripts to the group 4. set it
to a background group 5. turn off "shared group" (which looks like a
pointless step because the next card you create has the group on it anyway)
6. finally, when it shows up again delete it with the Remove Group option on
the Option menu. This leaves the original group/object intact to respond to
(in this case resize) messages.

I have to report this to Kevin because in the demo he gave at RRL he said,
and I quote, "We are not going to reuse this on multiple cards so I am going
to uncheck the shared group parameter".

Thanks for chiming in. I was equal parts lost and frustrated on trying to
solve the problem.

-- Mark