Need beta testers for new database library

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Aug 8 14:05:41 EDT 2012

Hi Alejandro.

I thought I would mention one other thing. Typically SQL databases have an idle time after which the connection is closed by the host. I have run into this a lot. When that happens, a new connection will need to be made and a new ID gotten. Attempting to use the old ID will result in an error. I am not sure your library will handle this.

It would not be a problem for me as I am in the habit of connecting, doing my thing, and then closing the connection, so my methods already account for this, but novice developers whom your library seems to target might trip on this fact.

If you decide to accommodate this, it might also be a good idea to have a function that gets the current database id, creating a new connection if necessary. This is the reason that sqlYoga handles the connection for you, but that may be beyond the scope of your library.

Bob