What was that thing with Photoshop images?

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Tue Aug 7 07:26:22 EDT 2012

I know of someone who was asked to prepare some Photoshop files at 32 bit, 165 dpi. I'm not sure where the 165 comes from, but on the bit front my friend was running into problems when using the 32 bits per channel mode in Photoshop.

I explained that 32 bit really means 8 bits per channel for RGB, and 8 bit for transparency. That solved those problems. Also, programs such as LiveCode naturally want 72 dpi images. If you want the image to be bigger, you use more pixels.

So, what color mode and dpi are the images you're trying?