Closing/Removing a stack from memory

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Sun Aug 5 01:24:31 EDT 2012

Pete,

You are correct. Geoff Canyon showed me that lock messages is set before the stack is closed and removed from memory so the closeStack message is never sent.

Fortunately Shao Sean pointed out the command revIDEHandleObjectDeleted is sent. This is what I use in a front script in my lcTaskList plugin.

command revIDEHandleObjectDeleted pObject
   if the first word of pObject is "stack" then
      put the short name of pObject into vTarget
      if vTarget begins with "rev" then --skip Rev's stacks and dialogs
	--do you action here
      end if
   end if
   pass revIDEHandleObjectDeleted