Looking for post-secondary student coders for prototype dev

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 23:17:08 EDT 2012

Hi David,

"For mobile prototypes we have no set capacities and
are open to suggested platforms. Our preference,
for budget reasons, would be mobile-web or cross platform
frameworks."

This spec opens a world of possibilities. :-)
But this is the part more interesting:

"We will employ 'lightweight' and agile practices and
(because the prototypes are not intended for production use)
we will favour speed and simplicity of development over
architectural robustness. The prototypes must function
properly for the user but need not scale nor be relied upon
for mission-critical processes."

Yes, in 3 months most developers of this platform could
produce a polished application in their area of expertise.

Hopefully there will be many takers from this platform,
but I found this requirement difficult to understand:

"develop specified prototypes (for demonstration purposes
only, non-production) of web, mobile and desktop software
that shows the potential for standards-based productivity
for stakeholders in the research community"

In plain words, What does that means?

Al